|Holiday||Two days off a week. (Holidays are not tixed on Saturday and Sunday depending on business needs.)|
|Paid annual leave||As specified in the Labor Standards Act.|
|Pension system||As specified in the Labor Pension Statute.|
|Insurance||Covering labor insurance and national health insurance required by Labor Standards Act; and medical insurance covering hospitalization and injury for the employees traveling abroad for business, group term life insurance with a preferential rate.|
|Meals||Providing nourishing and healthy free lunch, overtime meals, and on-duty meal (or alternative overtime and on-duty meals allowance as substitution) at staff canteen.|
|Health care||The medical department provides medical consultations with professional physicians, general medical treatment, workplace health promotion and management, and free regular physical examinations.|
|Recreational activities||Company trips and/or family days. Employees Buying tickets for a domestic flight of UNI AIR or living in a hotel of the Evergreen Group in Taiwan or overseas can enjoy a preferential discount.|
|Education training||Orientations and on-the-job training courses, professional seminars, workshops, and subsidies for foreign language training every year.|
|Operating Performance Bonus||Annual bonus, employee compensation (Listed company)|
|Other subsidies||Birthday cash gift, wedding subsidy/cash gift from supervisor, bereavement subsidy/condolence payment from supervisor, injury or illness condolence payment, emergency assistance, relocation subsidy and family visiting subsidy for overseas assignments, Festival Grants (or gifts) (for Chinese New Year, Dragon Boat Festival and Mid-autumn festival), and subsidies for cultural and recreational activities.|
|Clubs||20 clubs: basketball, softball, badminton, swimming, Taiji, yoga, golf, Latin aerobic exercises, road running, etc.|
|Transportation||Keelung/Taipei - Nankan commuting service to/from work|
Training for Shore Personnel
- Internal Training:
The annual internal training plan is proposed by each department and is implemented after approval. The subjects include ISO documentation, professional knowledge, quality improvement, AEO certification, occupational safety & health, corporate social responsibility, etc.Total hours of training courses in year 2020: 652.6 hours
- Professional Training:
- According to relevant laws and regulations, the colleagues from Auditing Dept., Occupational Safety & Health Dept., Insurance & Claim Dept., Finance Div. Finance Dept., and Kaohsiung Terminal Div. participated in training courses organized by external training institutions.
- In order to enhance the skills of financial analysis, executives and managers from various departments participated in the Financial Statements Courses, which were chaired by our executives.
- Management-level Learning Programs:
In order to promote interdisciplinary learning, all executives and managers participated in various e-Learning courses recorded by different professional units. The subjects in year 2020 include Global Container Dispatch, Labor Standards Act and DG & IMDG Code.
- Regulatory Advocacy Training:
According to laws and regulations, all colleagues participated in various e-Learning courses recorded by related professional units. The subjects in year 2020 include CSR, AEO, Prevention of Insider Trading and Information Security.
- External Online Learning Service:
Considering diversity and accessibility, Evergreen Marine offered executives and managers the Leader Campus’ online service to enrich the management-level learning resources.
- Expatriate's orientation:
Expatriates participated in the orientation programs before taking up their new posts in overseas affiliates, which were conducted by Human Resources Dept.
- Newcomer's orientation:
Newcomers participated in the orientation programs before being assigned to their respective units, which were conducted by Human Resources Dept.
- Occupational Safety and Health Training and Health Lectures
- Subsidies for learning foreign languages
- Subsidies for TOEIC test fee
- The statistics of the above 2-10 trainings are as
Total number of participants Total training hours in year Total amount of cost 3,479 32,760.5 TWD 763,839
Training for Sea Personnel
|Training course||Number of periods||Days||Number of participants|
|Leadership And Bridge Resource Management (Stcw 2010 Training)||1||5||4|
|Leadership And Engine Room Resource Management (Stcw 2010 Training)||1||5||1|
|The Operational Use Of Ecdis Training
(Including Tokyo Keiki Ecdis Type)
(Stcw 2010 Training)
|Security Training For Seafarers With Designated Security Duties And Security Awareness (Stcw 2010 Training)||4||2||45|
|ISPS Code-Ship Security Officer Course||1||3||16|
|The Pre-Boarding Training Course For Deck Operation Level Officers||2||2||9|
|The Pre-Boarding Training Course For Deck Management Level Officers||8||2||61|
|The Pre-Boarding Training Course For Deck Management Level Officers (Distance Learning via Webex)||1||2||19|
|Practical Navigation Safety Intensive Training||1||2||7|
|D.G. Cargo Course Recurrent Training||4||1||44|
|The Pre-Boarding Training Course For Engine Operation Level Officers||4||3||28|
|The Pre-Boarding Training Course For Engine Management Level Officers||8||2||52|
|The Pre-Boarding Training Course For
Engine Management Level Officers
(Distance Learning via Webex)
|M/E Remote Control System Training||1||3||5|
|Man Me Engine Control System||5||5||24|
|Man Me Engine Control System
(Distance Learning via Webex)
|WinGD X62 Engine Control System||2||1||16|
|Wingd X92 Engine Control System||9||3||67|
|Wingd X92 Engine Control System
(Distance Learning via Webex)
|Marine Environment Awareness Training||16||2||109|
|Medical Care Refresher Course||1||3||14|
|Shipboard High Voltage Training (Management Level)||3||5||15|
|The Ship Handling And Safety Management Proficiency Check Course||6||1||24|
|Uk (Mlc 2006) Ship'S Cook Training||1||2||6|
|Train The Simulator Trainer and Assessor
|Train The Simulator Trainer and Assessor
|Total fees for training classes||TWD 2,711,033|
The Evergreen Marine Labor Pension Preparatory Fund Supervisory Committee was formed in 1986. "Employee Pension Regulations" were drawn up by the Company and pension contributions are continuing to be made each month based on the following criteria: 15% of salary for employees on the old system, and 9% of salary for employees on the new system that chose to retain their years of service under the old system. The regulation covers all full-time permanent employee. According to the pension regulation, the criteria for payment is that two bases are given for each full year of service rendered. But for the rest of the years over 15 years, one base is given for each full year of service rendered. The total number of bases shall be no more than 45. The retirement pension base is six month's average wage of the worker at the time when his or her retirement is approved.
Employees that opt for the new system introduced by the Labor Pension Statute introduced on July 1, 2005, receive contributions equal to 6% of their monthly salary. In addition to monthly contributions to the pension fund, we also check the balance of the labor pension preparatory fund account to see if it is sufficient to meet all the pension obligations from all employees that will meet the conditions for retirement in the upcoming year. Any shortfalls are made up by the end of March in the following year.
Evergreen established the Labor-Management Council, and hold labor-management meetings at least once every three months to co-determine extended work hours, night-shifts for women, attendance during natural disasters, day-and-night shifts, and other key issues. Meanwhile, Evergreen set up the Occupational Safety and Health Committee, which conducts meetings every quarter to review related proposals, training courses and work environment monitoring plans.
Evergreen signed collective bargaining agreements with several seamen's Unions recognized by International Transport Workers' Federation to set out the working conditions such as wages and allotments, duration of employment, holiday and rest of periods applicable to all seafarer who serving onboard.
There was no labor dispute case occurred in 2020.
As a leading container carrier, the Company consistently upholds attitudes of integrity, transparency, and accountability while engaging in business activities.
The Company established the "Guidelines for the Adoption of Codes of Ethical Conduct". The Guidelines are adopted for the purpose of encouraging directors and managerial officers to act in line with ethical standards, and to help interested parties better understand the ethical standards of the company. To ensure implementation of the company's philosophy and core values, all employees are required to:
- Observe the company's regulations and working manual as well as to act loyally, responsibly and under supervisors' orders, directions and supervision.
- Conduct themselves in an impartial, prudent and self-disciplined manner, protect the company's reputation, discard bad habits, and respect fellow staff members.
- Perform their duties and responsibilities, cooperate and coordinate with interrelated departments to achieve goals set by the company.
- Commit to performing all services in a conscientious without any practices that could be construed as bribery and/or corruption.
- Strictly refrain from discriminating against any employee, contractor, or customer.
- Comply with any and all competition law regimes that are relevant to their countries of operation.
Protection Measures for Safe Work Environment and Worker Safety
The company's Occupational Safety & Health Management System (the fourth and fifth container centers in Kaohsiung) has obtained ISO 45001:2018 and CNS 45001:2018(TOSHMS) certification. The management and supervision of employee safety and health are under the responsibility of the Occupational Safety and Health Management Department. In order to prevent occupational hazards and ensure the safety of employees' working environment, the following protective measures are implemented:
- Strictly abide by occupational safety and health management policies, and attach importance to safety discipline and healthy environment by providing safe and healthy working conditions and working environment to employees and those who may be affected; and prevent injuries and health impacts caused by work, including the promotion and protection of their physical and mental health; and make recommendations on the company's safety and health policies, and review, coordinate and recommend on safety and health related matters through the meetings of the Occupational Safety and Health Committee.
- Comply with statutory and other compliance requirements, and establish and publicize the company's applicable safety and health codes of practice in accordance with the relevant regulations on occupational safety and health, and regulate the implementation and compliance of all employees; and establish, enforce, maintain and continuously improve occupational safety and health management system through identification of regulations that meets the requirements of the existing Occupational Safety and Health Act and other statutes.
- According to the regulations on occupational safety and health, conduct safety and health education and on job training for newcomers and in-service employees.
- In accordance with the regulations of the occupational safety law, formulate and implement the "prevention of abnormal workload in workplace to incur disease", "workplace maternal health protection", "prevention of sexual hazards in workplace", and "prevention of unlawful infringements while in the execution of duties" and other labor protection operations.
- Eliminate hazards and reduce occupational safety and health risks, and conduct safety, health and environmental risk assessments in accordance with the requirements of occupational safety and health management system, so as to provide employees with a safe and healthy working environment, and handle employee health management and health promotion.
- The office building has set up 24-hour security and has equipped entrance control card access to ensure the company's property and personnel safety.
- Provide free physical examinations to employees and set up infirmaries. Doctors and nursing staff assist employees in health promotion and health management.
- Carry out regular firefighting and evacuation education and training for employees in accordance with the provisions of the Fire Protection Law.