The top executive of Stock Department, Senior Vice President Hsieh, Shu-Hui, was appointed the chief corporate governance officer of the Company by the resolution of Board meeting on May 13, 2019.
A sufficient number of professional corporate governance personnel has been allocated to protect shareholders' rights and enhance the functions of the Board.
The chief corporate governance officer of the Company, who has been in charge of the corporate governance affairs management such as stock affairs, Shareholders' meeting and Board meeting affairs for at least 3 years, is eligible in accordance with the regulations.
The main duties of the chief corporate governance officer of the Company are as follows:
- To handle matters relating to Board meetings and Shareholders' meetings according to laws.
- To produce minutes of Board meetings and Shareholders' meetings.
- To assist in onboarding and continuing education of directors.
- To furnish information required for business execution by directors.
- To assist directors with regulatory compliance.
The execution of duties in 2019 are as follows:
Furnished directors with relevant information and regulations to perform their duties and arranged training courses for directors:
- Furnished directors with the latest regulations related to corporate governance from time to time.
- Furnished directors with the Company's information to perform their duties and maintain smooth communication between directors and all department heads.
- Arranged more than two closed-door meetings each for independent directors to communicate face-to-face with the chief internal auditor and CPAs, so as to have an in-depth understanding of the Company's audit and financial status.
- Held two training courses (3 hours each) for directors.
Handled matters relating to functional committees, Board meetings and Shareholders' meetings according to laws:
- Drew up an agenda for each meeting, notified each director 7 days in advance with meeting materials provided, reminded the director not to participate in discussion or voting on the agenda item if he is an interested party with it, and distributed the minutes to each Director within 20 days after the meeting.
- After Board meeting, assisted in the release of material information concerning important decisions made by the Board to ensure the legality and correctness of the material information, in order to protect information equivalence of investor transaction.
- Registered the date of the Shareholders' meeting in advance according to laws, and prepared meeting notices, handbooks and minutes within the statutory period.
- Furnished directors with relevant information and regulations to perform their duties and arranged training courses for directors:
Chief corporate governance officer training records in 2019.
Name Professional Organization Training sessions Training hours Hsieh, Shu-Hui Taiwan Corporate Governance Association Artificial Intelligence in Taiwan-Opportunities and Challenges of Industrial Transformation 1 Taiwan Corporate Governance Association Artificial Intelligence in Taiwan-Opportunities and Challenges of Industrial Transformation 3 Governance Professionals Institute of Taiwan 2019 Related Party and Related Party Transaction Seminar 3 Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation 2019 Board Functions Enhancement Seminars 3 Taiwan Corporate Governance Association The 15th International Forum on Corporate Governance 6 Taiwan Corporate Governance Association Corporate Governance and Securities Regulations 3 Total Training Hours 19